For general information, for the reacquisition of Italian citizenship please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for citizenship by marriage/civil union contact email@example.com or
To apply for Italian citizenship through this Consulate General the applicant must be a permanent resident of the following areas: Southern California (Counties of S. Luis Obispo, Kern, San Bernardino, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego, Imperial Valley, Orange), Nevada, Arizona or New Mexico.
Click on the citizenship option you are interested in reviewing from the list below:
- Citizenship by marriage or Civil Union
- Reacquiring Italian citizenship
- Acquisition of Italian citizenship for minors (click here for Vital Records)
The Consulate does not provide the following services:
- carrying out genealogical research in Italy or in other countries to retrieve vital records certificates of your ancestors. The information must be obtained directly by the applicant. For Italy please contact the Italian municipality (Comune) directly for vital records certificates.
- translating documents or certifications into Italian on your behalf. You can translate your own documents or consult our list of translators.