12424 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1400
Los Angeles, CA 90025
If you are in an emergency situation (i.e. you are a tourist that should leave immediately and your passport has been stolen or you have lost it), the Consulate General can issue an Emergency Travel Document (ETD) valid only to go back to Italy or to the Country of permanent residence (with verification of current AIRE registration).
- The request for an ETD must be submitted to the Italian Consulate/Embassy from whose jurisdiction the return flight departs.
- If the return flight departs from another Consular jurisdiction, the request for the ETD (including the Police Report of lost/stolen passport within this jurisdiction) must be submitted to the Consulate/Embassy from whose jurisdiction the return flight departs.
- Because the ETD is only valid for a limited time, the application for an ETD should be submitted only within 7 days of the departure.
To obtain an ETD appointment at our offices in Los Angeles, the following documentation must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Photocopy of lost/stolen Italian passport PLUS photocopy of E.S.T.A;
- Lost/Stolen passport report issued by the local Police authority;
- Printed copy of return flight itinerary;